With the weather finally turning nicer and summer just around the corner it is tempting to put the memories of high heating bills and an old boiler away with the winter coats. But now is the best time to work on replacing your old boiler and water heater.
1) Installing a new boiler in the summer allows the installer to do the work without turning off the heat in your house. Both you and the installer will be happy about that !
2) Heating oil has reached record levels and shows no sign of a significant change. Many people are "planning ahead" by locking in relatively low rates over the summer months. If you can switch to natural gas you can lock in the low rates permanently.
3) Natural gas at $1.25 per therm is less than half the cost of heating oil at $3.70 per gallon. If you can switch from oil to natural gas you will cut your heating bills in half - before you even consider the higher efficiency of today's boilers.
4) By acting now you will be able to have contractors focus on delivering the best hydronic heating system design for your needs. Without the rush of emergency repairs, contractors have the time and desire to focus on your installation.
5) By doing your research now you will be able to select the best products for your home. You may consider installing radiant floor heating to replace a furnace or baseboard. Radiant floor heating can be installed in many existing homes without replacing the existing wood, tile, or carpeted floors. Working over the summer time gives you the time to make an educated decision and gives the contractor the time to get the job done before the first
As you are doing your research, be sure to consider selecting products that best fit your needs. Triangle Tube offers two lines of natural gas or propane high efficiency condensing boilers.
Triangle Tube's Prestige Condensing Boiler
is a feature-rich boiler with a stainless steel fire-tube heat exchanger. This heat exchanger has a high water content which maximizes efficiency by minimizing short cycling and pump electrical demand. This boiler has become the high efficiency boiler leader due to its reliable performance and high efficiency with an AFUE of 96%.
The Prestige Excellence
contains an integrated indirect water heater that allows it to not only meet your space heating demands, but also produce 180 gallons per hour of domestic hot water. If you prefer a separate domestic hot water heater, the Smart Indirect Water
Heater, with a unique tank-in-tank design provides hot water with minimal standby losses and comes with a lifetime residential warranty.
Triangle Tube's Challenger Combination Boiler
features a unique copper heat exchanger that provides both space heating and domestic hot water. The Challenger is highly efficient in domestic hot water mode and has a 95% AFUE in space heating mode.Contact Triangle Tube
or use the Contractor Locator
to learn more.